Registered Manager at Middlefields House - Pilgrim's Friend Society
REGISTERED MANAGER, PILGRIM'S FRIEND SOCIETY
Salary: £44,000 plus £2,000 relocation allowance and benefits
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Contract: Permanent, Full time
About the role:
Pilgrims’ Friend Society have just embarked on an ambitious “Renewal Programme” to develop six new state of the art Christian care homes across the UK to help people have fulfilled lives when they can no longer live safely at home and, by partnering with local churches, to be good news to older people who are lonely in the community
We are looking for a Registered Manager to lead the care teams in the first of these new homes: Middlefields House in Chippenham that will be opening in summer 2021.
The Registered Manager will see this role as a calling to shape and lead the development and delivery of the very best care in a new Christian care home that will be a wonderful place to live and will be an important encouragement for local churches’ work with older people.
Our ideal candidate will have as a minimum:
- A qualification in Health & Social Care
- A willingness to work towards Leadership & Management of Care Services/Registered Managers’ Award or relevant QCF/NVQ at level 5 or above or equivalent
- A working knowledge of the Care Act 2014 and CQC’s Fundamental Standards
- A good understanding of the needs of older people
- Previous management within a care home or similar environment
Naturally, you will also be passionate about the value of all older people and the opportunity to develop a culture of care in a new home that appreciates them and helps them live fulfilled lives secure in the knowledge of God’s love for them
The successful applicant must also live within a reasonable travelling distance of Chippenham be able to respond to unexpected site issues.
We have an occupational requirement that those in leadership positions, of which this post is one, are Protestant Christians able to fully subscribe to our Doctrinal basis under s9 of the Equality Act.
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to play a vital role in driving forward our growth agenda
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- We have achieved the IIP Silver Accreditation and we will invest in you
- On-going training and support
- Perkbox -an employee benefit and discount scheme
- Pension Scheme - Life Assurance of twice annual salary
About Pilgrims' Friend Society:
At Pilgrims' Friend Society we help older people flourish as God intended and to lived fulfilled lives in older age. We believe that as well as providing secure, comfortable homes and professional care, older people should be supported and encouraged to spend the later part of their lives contributing to the world around them, growing and enjoying fulfilling lives.
Inspired by our Christian faith, we are committed to love and have compassion for our neighbours at every stage of life. We follow the examples of our Christian predecessors in cherishing the elderly, treating them as treasured human beings made in the image of God, and capable of continuing their spiritual growth even as their body or mind may fail them. Working with partner churches we have a vision that no-one living in the catchments around our homes will face death alone and without having had the opportunity of hearing the Christian gospel.
The closing date for applications is 9am on 7 December 2020.
Final interviews will take place on Wednesday 23 December 2020 in Chippenham
No agencies please.