Trustees for West Berkshire Training Consortium, Newbury
West Berkshire Training Consortium (WBTC) provides high quality apprenticeships and training to organisations, young people and adults across West Berkshire and beyond. Currently, our main focus is improving the career prospects of 16-18 year olds who have recently been disproportionately disadvantaged by the recession.
These past few years have presented challenges to the charity, particularly with the global pandemic, but we have adapted in response and have delivered a solid financial performance over the past few years.
WBTC now needs to bring on a refreshed and energetic Board to steer us towards the future and make strategic and sensible decisions for the charity. We are seeking up to seven new Trustees and are keen to bring on a range of skills and experience that will help us to steer the right course into the future.
We are looking for Trustees who are up for this challenge – bringing their skills, experience, resilience and insights to helping us map our path forward in these unprecedented times.
We have seven current vacancies and current priorities for these vacancies include:
- people with good, current experience of charity governance, either in charity management or as a member of a Board
- someone to fill a Treasurer role, bringing strong financial skills (preferably a qualified accountant, ideally specifically with experience of charity accounts)
- Human Resources expertise
- Experience working in the training and education sector
- Business experience, particular from the SME sector, would also be valuable.
Trustees are also Directors registered with Companies House.
Please click below to download the full Candidate Information Pack. If you have any queries, please email Hayley McDonald at email@example.com
Closing date 10.00am, Tuesday 8th February 2022
Registered Charity Number 298851, Registered Company No. 01760271