HR Support Service
Flexible help for any challenging people problems
"The Action Planning team provided insightful, timely and relevant advice and recommendations drawn from their specific research for us and their considerable knowledge of the sector."
STEPHEN HAMMERSLEY, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, PILGRIMS’ FRIEND SOCIETY
Employing and managing people - and getting it right, can often be a real headache.
Sometimes some external support can help you overcome any hurdles and come up with a sensible solution.
As charities evolve, Trustees and senior staff find themselves confronted with unfamiliar problems: navigating employment law, grievance procedures, training. Yet adding to their permanent HR provision is an expensive solution. That’s why Action Planning now specialise in flexible HR support — we supply expert, cost-effective advice exactly when it’s needed, for as long as it’s needed.
We offer specialist advice in all areas of HR, tailored to your particular needs. We work with you to overcome your HR issues, leaving you to get on with meeting the needs of your beneficiaries.
If you have a challenging people problem, we can help with our flexible HR Support Service.
Some of the services that we offer are:
- Employee contracts and handbook - ensuring your employees have a contract and you have an up to date employee handbook.
- Sickness absence - supporting you in managing any sickness related issues.
- Managing performance – enabling you to make sure your employees understand the expectations of their role and encourage and support them even when they are not performing as they should be.
- Discipline and grievances – advising you how to put employees back on track when they go wrong and if necessary conducting investigations.
- Change management - providing support when changes need to be made which affect your people such as redundancies or restructures.
- Staff and management development – equipping your managers and staff with the skills they need.
- Developing your team to better understand themselves and each other using the Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI tool) and our Team Profiling Tool.