CEO & Senior Charity Recruitment
Find the right person for that hard-to-fill senior post
"Action Planning helped us find new Trustees. We felt they really understood the brief and helped with the design of adverts and job descriptions that showcased our organisation and explained the roles on offer effectively. Action Planning were able to find us a pool of credible and experienced candidates from which we went onto recruit successfully."
GUY FOXELL, CHIEF EXECUTIVE, ONE YMCA
WE HELP RECRUIT THE RIGHT TALENT TO MEET YOUR organisation’s or Charity’S NEEDS
Finding the right senior staff or trustees with the necessary skills and experience to lead and manage an organisation is by no means easy. It is a ‘sellers’ market’, with enormous competition for the best candidates. Action Planning has the experience to get to grips with the specific needs of your organisation when recruiting senior personnel, and the infrastructure to source strong candidates and facilitate the selection process.
We can help you to prepare compelling job ads and reach the largest appropriate audience at the lowest possible cost. Once we have identified potential candidates (including a highly targeted executive search process if required), we can assess their ‘fit’ to your needs, aid shortlisting and selection and minimise the time you have to spend on this process.
How Action Planning adds value to your recruitment process
- We are a full service agency providing direct services to charities, so we really understand what is required in a job, because we are working with people doing those jobs every day.
- We have lots of live contacts, including significant leaders in the sector, and know their strengths and weaknesses. They are much more than just names on a database.
- We are deeply integrated in the sector, having worked in it for over 30 years, so people trust us and know that our heart is in the right place.
- Our monthly e-newsletter goes out to over 13,000 not-for-profit sector practitioners and links to the specialist jobs board on our website.
- Our Candidate Guarantee is effective from the moment we start the assignment*.
*If on the first round of advertising and headhunting there are no appointable candidates (as agreed by the consultant in consultation with the client) we will repeat the initial search process for no additional consultancy fee (but advertising and ancillary costs would have to be paid again) provided the client has purchased our full service, has followed our advice (e.g. re salary and where to advertise) and has paid their invoices by the due date.
Our recruitment support services include:
- Preparing papers – job description, person specification and candidate information pack
- Preparing advert – tailored to the most appropriate media for your vacancy
- Advertising – benefit from our media knowledge and volume discounts
- Executive search – we will pursue direct leads on your behalf
- Shortlisting – sifting of written applications, followed by Zoom interviews
- Rejection emails and feedback – leaving every applicant with a positive experience
- Psychometric profiling – an optional extra to give further insight into candidates’ fit
- Final interviews – we will make arrangements, advise on structure and draft questions
We can also take up references and negotiate the offer of appointment.