Veolia grants for environmental projects
Not-for-profit organisations in England raising funds for environmental or community-based projects can apply for a grant of between £10,000 and £75,000 from the Veolia Environmental Trust.
The Trust awards funds derived from landfill tax to support environmentally focused projects throughout England and this round of funding is for capital improvement projects at a single site. These can be community buildings and rooms, outdoor spaces, play and recreation or biodiversity projects.
The facilities being created must be in the vicinity of qualifying Veolia site, open to the general public, completed within 12 months and the project cost must be no more than £250,000 including VAT. In addition, applicants must have raised 10% of the total cost.
Applicants will have a better chance of success if they can show that their project:
- Benefits a diverse range of users, including excluded, often overlooked, deprived and hard-to-reach groups.
- Meets a need that has been evidenced through community consultation.
- Involves volunteers.
- Uses environmentally friendly solutions.
- Achieves value for money.
- Demonstrates innovation, imagination and excellence.
Check if your location qualifies and apply here.