News of events recommended by Action Planning for networking, training, inspiring, developing, enjoying, learning…
‘RAISING FUNDS FOR CHRISTIAN CHARITIES AND CHURCHES’,
A ONE-DAY CONFERENCE AT CENTRAL HALL WESTMINSTER ON
TUESDAY 20TH NOVEMBER
Action Planning is delighted to be a partner in this annual conference for 500 Christian charity and church leaders and fundraisers, the programme for which is at www.christianfunding.org.
The event provides a rare opportunity to hear and question the leading Christian funders, inspirational charity and church leaders and experts in fundraising for Christian causes. There is an opening plenary session followed by separate ‘meet the funders’ streams for Christian charities and churches and a choice of three out of seventeen afternoon workshops. Highlights include:
• Key funders of Christian charities including the Jerusalem Trust, the Laing Family Trusts, the Joseph Rank Trust and the Henry Smith Charity plus secular funders open to supporting some Christian-led projects.
• Funders of local churches including the National Churches Trust, the Allchurches Trust, the Heritage Lottery Fund and ChurchCare.
• John Kirkby CBE, the inspirational founder of Christians Against Poverty, on how to communicate vision and motivate Christians to give.
• Pastor Agu Irukwu, who leads a congregation of 3,000 at Jesus House, part of the Redeemed Christian Church of God. He will explore how to inspire your members and supporters to be radically generous with their time, talent and treasure.
• Philanthropist Jonathan Ruffer, recognised in the Sunday Times Rich List as one of the leading UK givers to Christian causes, on how to partner wealthy Christians as major donors.
• Eighteen practical workshops featuring advice and case studies from leading Christian fundraisers, including a special FICO workshop on how to develop a successful career in Christian fundraising.
There will also be plenty of networking time including a registration with coffee/tea that starts at 9am, and also a wine reception after the conference closes at 4:30 PM.
Better Procurement - 'Helping Organisations Buy Better' course.
This course is designed to provide a range of procurement skills for staff who have to carry out organisational sourcing and procurement activities from time to time, but for whom purchasing is not a core element of their role. The day will be spent looking at the procurement cycle from identifying the need, developing a specification, identifying suppliers, negotiating, dealing with sales tactics, awarding the business and managing ongoing contracts and supplier relationships. The day will be interactive with the use of case studies, group discussions and DVDs. The course will look at the differences between buying goods and services, including consultancy and professional services.
The course will be delivered by a procurement practitioner who has over thirty years of procurement experience in the both the commercial and not-for-profit worlds, and who currently works in procurement for a household name international charity.
The full day course will be run in Central London, at a cost of £180.00 including VAT.
If you would like to be notified of forthcoming dates, please drop a brief email to email@example.com.