“Action Planning helped us find new Trustees. We felt they really understood the brief and helped with the design of adverts and job descriptions that showcased our organisation and explained the roles on offer effectively. Action Planning were able to find us a pool of credible and experienced candidates from which we went onto recruit successfully.”
Guy Foxell, Chief Executive, One YMCA
Find the right person for that hard-to-fill senior post
Are you searching for a needle in a haystack?
Finding the right senior staff or trustees with the necessary skills and experience to lead and manage an organisation is by no means easy. It is a ‘sellers’ market’, with enormous competition for the best candidates. Action Planning has the experience to get to grips with the specific needs of an organisation when recruiting senior personnel, and the infrastructure to source strong candidates and facilitate the selection process.
We work with trustees and senior management to draft meaningful candidate information packs with clear job descriptions and person specifications. We can advise on where it is essential to advertise, other sensible places to advertise, and perhaps some less obvious options. The aim is to reach the largest appropriate audience, at the lowest possible cost. A significant factor in this is our monthly e-newsletter, which goes out to over 45,000 not-for-profit sector practitioners, and links to the specialist job board on our website.
Once we have identified potential candidates (including a highly targeted executive search process if required), we can assess their ‘fit’ to your needs, aid shortlisting and selection and minimizing the time you have to spend on this process.
Action Planning will support your senior recruitment by:
- Designing and managing an objective and comprehensive service
- Developing a clear understanding of the specific requirements for the role you’re looking to fill
- Writing candidate information packs and designing ads for maximum impact
- Promoting the role widely, in a compelling way
- Tapping into our extensive network of contacts
- Arranging intensive assessments and psychometric testing if required
- Providing a full ‘back office’ service to minimize the workload
- Making sure that every candidate has a positive experience of the process.