Improving Lives, Strengthening Communities: New priorities for The Henry Smith Charity
I felt privileged to be invited to the recent launch of The Henry Smith Charity’s new funding strategy – not least because we were informed that this resulted from the Charity’s first strategic review in 400 years!
The Henry Smith Charity has long been a substantial and generous supporter of often smaller, more neglected charities up and down the land. This strategic review has resulted in a crystal clear set of funding priorities, under two grants programmes:
- Help at a critical moment – helping people rebuild their lives following a crisis, trauma or abuse
- Positive choices – helping people whose actions or behaviours have led to negative consequences for themselves or others, to make positive choices
- Accommodation and housing – enabling people to work towards or maintain accommodation
- Employment and training – supporting people to move towards or gain employment
- Financial inclusion, rights and entitlements – supporting people to overcome their financial problems, and ensure that they are able to claim their rights and entitlements
- Support networks and family – Working with people to develop improved support networks and family relationships.
- Enabling people from across the community to participate in activities which improve connectedness, opportunities and wellbeing
- Helping people who are excluded, vulnerable or facing other forms of hardship to have access to community-based services that support positive lasting change
- Supporting the development of a stronger, active, more engaged community.
Full information on The Henry Smith Charity funding priorities, and how to apply, can be found at www.henrysmithcharity.org.uk.
For support from Action Planning in researching and preparing bids to other grant making trusts, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org